PUNTA CANA HIGUEY CITY TOUR
DURATION: 5 Hours (approx.)
HOTEL PICKUP OFFERED
OFFERED IN: German, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese
A vacation is not complete until you have had your mandatory hunt for local treasures. Visit the largest and most important church in the country, The Basilica de La Altagracia. Take a stroll on the main street and observe the day-to-day activity in the city: The cafeterias, the shoe shiners, and the fruit stalls and their vendors. Visit the Saint Dionysus church, constructed over 500 years ago! Visit a local gift shop and take the opportunity to stock-up on some traditional products.
An eye-opening tour that allows you to be in close contact to how the people of the Dominican Republic live and witness the splendor and elegant architecture of the Basilica de La Altagracia. Get a chance to purchase the best souvenirs at local prices.
Adult (12-99) US$ 55.00
Child (3-11) US$ 28.00
Infant (0-2) Free
INCLUSION AND EXCUSIONS
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- All entrance fee, for the Basilica de La Altagracia and the Saint Dionysus church.
- Water and soft drinks (Non-Alcoholic).
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or van
- Gratuities (optional).
- DVD (available to purchase).
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase).
DEPARTURE & RETURN
Departs from Punta Cana hotels or any other location in Bavaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto.
Tuesday and Thursday
7:00-8:00AM depending of your hotel location.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time.
Returns to original departure point
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Originate a spiritual pilgrimage to the Higüey Basilica. Its splendor and elegant architecture will leave you breathless.
- Visit St. Dionysius church. Explore the most relevant historical aspects of La Altagracia’s recent history, spanning the past 500 years.
- Eyewitness the traditional way master craftsmen manufacture the finest cigars.
- Discover how tobacco has boosted the national economy. Take a box back home and surprise your buddies.
- Purchase the most unmistakable samples of local handicrafts and the finest Dominican rum.
Yes, hotel pick-up is offered for this tour.
Please note that if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local agent to schedule the pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Minimum age to consume alcohol is 18 years old.
- Not recommended for pregnant.
- Participants with heart conditions, disability and/or mobility problem or other serious medical conditions, cannot take part in this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be supervised by parents or a responsible adult at all times.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- From the moment of purchase up to 7 days before the departure of the program there is a 20% cancellation fee.
- From 2 to 6 days before the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- 24 hours before scheduled departure, there is no refund.
- No show, or charge for not attending is NOT refundable.