PUNTA CANA SANTO DOMINGO CITY TOUR
DURATION: 9 Hours (approx.)
HOTEL PICKUP OFFERED
OFFERED IN: German, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese
Get ready to board a comfortable air conditioned bus and immerse yourself in our culture and heritage. Come with us and discover the first city of the new world. Our expert tourist guide will take you over the First City of the Americas, learning historically relevant facts of this modern day metropolitan city.
Stroll down the Colonial zone and observe monuments and museums. Pay homage to the First Cathedral of the Americas, known as the Catedral Metropolitana Santa María de la Encarnación is the birthplace of a fervent Catholic faith. Stroll down Las Damas Street, the oldest back street not only in the Dominican Republic, in all of the Americas where you can see the largest amount of monuments. Pass by the Museo de la Casas Reales, formerly the Governmental Palace. A walk across the Alcázar de Colón will enrapture you back to the era of the first Spanish conquistadors.
Promenade along the pedestrian street known as Atarazanas, the first commercial street in the Americas. Get a break from the heat while you watch a movie about one famous pirate in the 4D cinema.
On the boardwalk of Santo Domingo you will appreciate the beauty of the Caribbean Sea and some modern buildings such as the Fine Arts Palace, National Theatre, Presidential Palace, and more. A nice lunch will be served in an authentic Dominican restaurant.
Adult (12-99) US$ 95.00
Child (3-11) US$ 60.00
Infant (0-2) Free
INCLUSION AND EXCUSIONS
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Certified expert tour guide.
- Water, juice and soft drinks (Non-Alcoholic)
- Entrance to the Cathedral
- Entrance to the Museums.
- Gratuities (optional).
- DVD (available to purchase).
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase).
DEPARTURE & RETURN
Departs from Punta Cana hotels or any other location in Bavaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto.
Tuesday to Saturday
6:00 to 7:00 AM, depending of your hotel location.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time.
Returns to original departure point
WHAT TO EXPECT
An insightful Day into the past and the present of the capital city along engaging, knowledgeable, and friendly guides. An opportunity to visit all the must-see monuments and enjoy a delicious typical Dominican lunch.
- Have a delicious Dominican lunch in the heart of the Colonial Zone.
- Discover Santo Domingo, the First City of the Americas. Travel across its most important roads all leading towards ancient edifices and monuments of an invaluable cultural heritage in a modern-day city.
- Through yesterday’s narrow lanes, we will set out to unveil the humble beginnings of the New World. Tour the oldest colonial city, erected in the fifteenth century, and scour the first colonial epoch residences.
- Admire landmarks as the National Pantheon, Columbus Lighthouse and the Presidential Palace.
Yes, hotel pick-up is offered for this tour.
Please note that if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local agent to schedule the pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Minimum age to consume alcohol is 18 years old.
- Not recommended for pregnant.
- Participants with heart conditions, disability and/or mobility problem or other serious medical conditions, cannot take part in this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Children must be supervised by parents or a responsible adult at all times.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- From the moment of purchase up to 7 days before the departure of the program there is a 20% cancellation fee.
- From 2 to 6 days before the scheduled departure, there is a 50% cancellation fee.
- 24 hours before scheduled departure, there is no refund.
- No show, or charge for not attending is NOT refundable.